Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Spicing it Up




Having such a restricted diet I have to find ways to spice it up. I discovered tahini and I'm in love! Made a tahini sauce to top some roast chicken, then added roasted sesame seeds - divine!!! Anne went fishing last week and brought home some rock cod. The first batch I fixed was pretty bland. So the next time I marinated the fish in a garlic vinegrette which I made from olive oil, apple cider vinegar and fresh garlic. Then I smothered the top of the fish with chopped almonds and baked it. What a difference! It was so yummy.


Tahini Sauce
1/4 c. tahini
1/4 c. water
juice from one lemon
2 garlic cloves put thru a garlic press

Mix all ingredients together with a fork until well blended.
This is good over chicken or as a dip for veggies.




No comments:

Post a Comment