Monday, April 23, 2012

Gimme Salad!!!





I am really enjoying my salad lunches. The Mexi-salad is my favorite because by using salsa instead of dressing I am cutting down on the fats in my diet. It is also simple to make - a bed of lettuce or spring greens, fresh cilantro, whole black or pinto beans, sautéed onions and bell peppers, roasted chicken and homemade salsa. It is filling, healthy, full of fiber and nutrients! You might want to try it.

My Salsa Recipe
3 large tomatoes
1 medium onion
1 large jalapeño pepper
1 garlic clove
1/2 purple onion
Fresh cilantro
2 T. Apple cider vinegar

In a pot of water cook tomatoes and onion, drain and set aside.
Roast jalapeño until skin is charred. Remove seeds and membranes. Leave the charred skin on.
Chop garlic clove and purple onion and cilantro.
Put cooked tomatoes and onion and roasted jalapeno in blender and blend. Add the rest of the ingredients and pulse blend a couple of times so that the salsa is chunky. Stir in vinegar and add salt to taste. Refrigerate a few hours before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment