Friday, February 27, 2009

Welcome to My Art World

Here I am for the sole purpose of sharing myself with the cyber community via my art.

I have always been a crafter, since my first project when I was 8 or 9 and my aunt bought me a kit to weave potholders. Now, I know if I took a poll a high percentage of those reading this have made a woven potholder! Do you know they still sell those kits? I recently bought one for my great-granddaughter who is not yet 5. She's a little young yet but I am determained to start my indoctrination of her. I've already made some progress, she has learned what symetrical and asymetrical mean and she told me the other day that she is an artist! But I digress.....

In the late 90's I spent several years obsessed with rubberstamping. I even started a company with a couple of friends and we designed and made rubberstamps. I absorbed everything there was to know about stamping at the time - products, techniques, etc. That led to me teaching stamping workshops and then designing projects for The Rubber Stamper magazine. When I moved in 2000 to Central California I had boxes and boxes and BOXES of stamping supplies and tools. Looking for a way to use them other than to make cards I started doing mixed-media art and collage. I soon fell in love with collage work. Now I dabble in all different mediums have an art studio in my home and a fabric studio in my daughter's home (and I still don't have enough room for all my "stuff"!)

I want to use this blog to share my art and how it relates to the world around me. It takes up a large portion of my time, especially now in the winter when I stay cooped up in the house due to our foggy, gloomy weather. Hope I get some visitors here and that you will be inspired or amused.

2 comments:

  1. Jaenne,
    I forgot that I had a google account so when
    I tried to open one they said one already
    existed.anyway here I am to encourage you
    in your artistic endeavors.

    Bob.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeanne,
    I LOVE your art!! You have been an inspiration from the first day we met many years ago!!
    Thank you for sharing your art and friendship with me. I am truly blessed to have you in my life.
    Thinking of you everyday,
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete